I didn't realise how important zumba (exercise) was until I noticed that my back pinches whenever I stray from exercise for too long. Like two days ago my back seized up randomly while I was having a shower. I worked out that it must have had something to do with working long hours for a deadline and not exercising. And this one was a mild one.
A few weeks ago... I REALLY hurt my back.
It was a nice sunny autumn day. I was walking to work, thinking about the day ahead until... Ouch! My back suddenly pinched. It came out of nowhere and it was in a spot that made it hard for me to take deep breaths. I spent the next week in agony, unable to bend forward, unable to lie down or sit up at will, even reaching forward and turning on the taps hurt. It got to a stage where I had to stay home for one day and I never do that! It made me realize how much I rely on my back for everything.
So not only am I trying to maintain my weight and become healthier, I NEED to strengthen my muscles.
Tonight, I'm gonna do a session, even though my deadline is this Friday. Sometimes health just takes priority.
No comments:
Post a Comment