Food festivals are so much fun and a great way to explore food in your country. Its also a great opportunity to score some great show deals.
Today Matt and I went to the Food Show in Auckland at the ASB showgrounds. We have been to other shows in Auckland, but this show is the most diverse and the most generous. There are lots of stands and nearly all of them offered generously sized samples, and I mean generous.
Usually at a food show the exhibitors offer tiny bits to try or cook a few things and watch the people fight over it. Not this show, these guys give you whole stuffed peppers, a whole sliver of prosciutto, decent spoonful of salmon, and actual cups of tea. I've even had to turn down samples because I was too full haha. You won't eat a meals worth of food there (so I would still have a small meal before I go) but its unlikely you'll leave feeling unsatisfied. I like this system more as I have a better idea of what things tastes like and what I'd like to purchase in stores.
The show deals were great!! As usual we chose to stay till closing time, that is when the deals double. For example we got two huge bottles of cider that is retailed in stores for the price of one, 3 tubs of mozzarella for $10, 3 antipasti things with a few extras thrown in. We practically did our grocery shopping there haha.
More photos here, The food show! sorry about the low quality, I need to work out a good way to take photos.
I highly recommend this expo, visit it when you can! Here is the website for future show updates.
Ps. This week I managed to do zumba 3 times. I blame staying up too late for the Olympics (its unlucky London is exactly opposite to New Zealand, we need to sleep when the action is happening). Better luck next week.
Wow! That food show looks awesome! I love the cupcake box!! They look so cute!
ReplyDelete