Saturday, June 23, 2012

Journal: Zumba Activate

Today I did my favourite workout, the Zumba Activate dvd. This is the one I pull out when I feel like a nice cardio session. It's my 'feel good' workout. I've done it so many times this year and every time I feel great afterwards.

This workout is sneaky! Sneaky in that it seems to have been arranged in a way that responds to what you might be thinking. Ok so it starts off with a couple of simple and fun routines, then it gets really fast and high intensity. Just when I think I can't do it anymore (and start dreaming about snuggling down with a book and dinner), it goes back to simple and relaxing. By then I think, 'oh I've made it this far, might as well finish the whole thing'.

See what I mean? Sneaky.

What is more tricky is that my favorite routine is the second last one, Cumbia. It reminds me of an island holiday and relaxes my mind. I HAVE to do that one ;) so I gotta do all the ones before it. But... I don't mind.

Sometimes I find it hard to fit a 1 hour session in (plus warm up and cool down time) especially after a long day at work. I have tried seeing if doing half the workout will suffice, but it just doesn't feel quite enough. So I find it would be better to do the Rush or half a Ripped workout if I'm rushed for time.

I think the Zumba team is very clever to arrange the Activate routines in this way. I appreciate that they recognize the importance of keeping us engaged for the whole thing. Keeps me going even when I want to stop. I'll be doing this one for a loooooong time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment