Sunday, June 17, 2012

Reward: Revlon Photoready Foundation review

Makeup, it didn't become a daily thing until I bought this foundation in March this year. I've been comfortable going au natural on my face for daily life, but I thought its time to pay attention and make it a habit. A little bit of touching up and emphasising features is good I say.

I chose Revlon photoready foundation based on my sister's recommendation (she works as a pharmacist, so she wears makeup daily as retail work requires). This foundation is cream based, good for drier skin. When I went up to the counter the lady picked 3 shades and brushed it on my face. I picked the shade I could not see.
In the past I kept choosing the colour I thought I was (for some odd reason) but I realise at the end of the day, foundation is to even out your natural skin colour. Maybe its an Asian thing but I have never managed to choose the right shade until now. The lady was suggesting a slightly lighter shade, but as much as I believe she knows what she's doing, at the end of the day I don't want to look like I have makeup on. I just want to look normal, but airbrushed haha. She was still a big help though as I wouldn't have known to pick a cream base, my super dry skin would not have responded well to a powder which I was thinking I was going to buy.

This foundation lasts about 5 hours, but if you apply a primer it would last longer. I only use a tiny bit (smaller than a pea) brushed on areas that needed a bit of help. For dance performances I use to cake it on, but for everyday makeup a tiny bit is good enough. It won't feel heavy this way.

My verdict, I like :) its great for dry skin, that's been moisturised really well. They have a lot of shades to match to your skin. Lasts a reasonable time. The bottle is decent size Im still using the same bottle 4months later (don't think I'm halfway yet). It cost me $48nzd which I think is midrange here. Im that happy with it I've even got a backup (though it was at a sale, free when I got the Revlon primer).

I haven't tried a wide range of makeup, but I feel like I have stumbled onto the perfect one to start off with. And the biggest lesson I learnt was to choose a shade that you can't see when brushed onto your face, that means it will blend really well and provide you with that lovely blank canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment